Information about hedgerows can be found on the Winchester City Council website and also on the Legislation.gov.uk website.

The Hedgerows Regulations 1997

You  need permission to remove a hedgerow if it is on:

  • agricultural land
  • common land
  • forestry land
  • paddocks
  • Local Nature Reserve
  • Site of Special Scientific interest

There are many proviso’s so it is very important to read the regulations thoroughly.

Back to main “Environment” page


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s